Respondus LockDown Browser is a web browser designed specifically for secure online testing. In this review, I’ll go over the features of Respondus LockDown Browser, its pros and cons, and provide a conclusion.
- Locks down the testing environment: Respondus LockDown Browser restricts access to other programs, applications, or webpages during a test to prevent cheating.
- Prevents printing or copying: Respondus LockDown Browser prevents printing or copying of test materials, which can also help prevent cheating.
- Records audio and video: Respondus Monitor, an add-on to LockDown Browser, can record audio and video of the test taker during the test to deter cheating.
- Integrates with Learning Management Systems: Respondus LockDown Browser integrates with Learning Management Systems (LMS) like Blackboard and Canvas.
- Customizable settings: Instructors can customize settings such as the allowed websites, the duration of the test, and the number of attempts.
- Increased test security: Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor can help prevent cheating during online tests by locking down the testing environment and recording audio and video of the test taker.
- Customizable settings: Instructors can customize the settings to suit their test requirements.
- Integrates with Learning Management Systems: Respondus LockDown Browser integrates with many popular Learning Management Systems.
- Easy to use: Respondus LockDown Browser is easy to use for both instructors and students.
- Limited functionality: Respondus LockDown Browser is designed specifically for secure online testing and doesn’t have the same features as a standard web browser.
- May not work with all online tests: Some online test platforms may not be compatible with Respondus LockDown Browser.
Conclusion: Respondus LockDown Browser is a valuable tool for instructors and educational institutions looking to increase test security during online testing. Its ability to lock down the testing environment and record audio and video of the test taker can help prevent cheating. Its customizable settings and integration with popular Learning Management Systems make it easy for instructors to use. However, its limited functionality and compatibility issues with some online test platforms may be a drawback for some users. Overall, if you’re looking for a browser specifically designed for secure online testing, Respondus LockDown Browser is worth considering.