Chromodo is a web browser developed by Comodo, a cybersecurity company known for its antivirus software. It is based on the Chromium open-source project and is designed to provide users with a secure and private browsing experience. In this review, we will discuss the features of Chromodo, its pros and cons, and provide a conclusion.
- Security features: Chromodo includes several security features, including a built-in malware scanner, a secure DNS service, and a virtualized environment for online banking.
- Privacy features: The browser includes several privacy features, including the ability to disable browser tracking, block third-party cookies, and clear browsing data on exit.
- Site inspector: Chromodo includes a site inspector feature that allows users to view detailed information about the security and privacy of a website.
- Customization options: The browser includes several customization options, allowing users to personalize their browsing experience to suit their needs.
- User-friendly interface: Chromodo has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate and use.
- Secure: Chromodo is designed to provide users with a secure browsing experience, with several built-in security features.
- Privacy-focused: The browser includes several privacy features, making it a good choice for users who value online privacy.
- User-friendly interface: Chromodo has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate and use, making it a good choice for users who are new to web browsing.
- Site inspector: The site inspector feature is a useful tool that can help users make informed decisions about the security and privacy of websites they visit.
- Limited extension support: Chromodo does not support all Chrome extensions, which can be a drawback for users who rely on certain extensions.
- No built-in VPN: Chromodo does not include a built-in VPN, which can be a drawback for users who require a high level of privacy and security.
- Limited support: Chromodo is developed by a small team, which means that support and updates may be less frequent than with other browsers.
Overall, Chromodo is a secure and privacy-focused browser that is easy to use and includes several useful features. Its built-in security and privacy features make it a good choice for users who value these features, while its user-friendly interface and site inspector tool make it a good choice for users who are new to web browsing. While its limited extension support and lack of a built-in VPN may be drawbacks for some users, overall, Chromodo is a solid and reliable option for most users. However, it’s important to note that Comodo discontinued development and support for Chromodo in 2017 and advised users to switch to Chromodo Dragon, a newer and updated version of the browser.